WWS is a series of youth tournaments that take place over the winter season. Last year was our inaugural season, and we sincerely thank the hundreds of families and coaches that made it so successful.
Each WWS event has a different theme and features our E3 Philosophy to make these tournaments educational, entertaining and efficient for wrestlers, families and coaches.
Saturday, December 8 Wild Reindeer Takedown Tourney
Saturday, December 22 Great Gobbler Open
Saturday, January 5 Clinic Wars
What are Clinic Wars?
Saturday, January 12 Rockin’ Robin Ribbon Day
Saturday, January 26 Rapid Wrestling
What is Rapid Wrestling?
Monday, February 18 President’s Day "Tag Team" Showdown
Wrestlers who competed in at least two WWS events were eligible for the TOP Elementary or Middle School Championships.
OTHER FEATURES OF WWS
In addition to unique themes, WWS may be the most innovative league in the nation for numerous reasons. Here are some of the features of WWS:
* Unique “Time Slot” format allowing wrestlers to obtain 3 matches in roughly 90 minutes (while also arriving close to the start time)---all bouts are arranged in advanced and technology is used to enhance show-up rates; Nobody respects busy families’ valuable weekend time like WWS---we get families in and out quickly!
* Different themes each week to educate and expose the wrestlers to different formats (and to prevent burnout and boredom).
* Ability to register for as few or as many tournaments as you want (it's not a standard league with a fee for the season; you can sign up for individual tourneys or get a Season Pass)
* Full circled mats and digital scoreboards for every match
* Minimal volunteer assistance required
* Different (and nice!) awards at every tournament (e.g., trophies, medals, ribbons)
* “This Week in Wrestling” presentations and Trivia Contests to help kids/families fall in love with our great sport
We are thrilled several new clubs are becoming regular participants next season, and we look forward to another wonderful season.
PRINTABLE FLIERS WITH SCHEDULE & DETAILS:
A Season Pass allows an individual wrestler to participate in all six WWS events for $75. Before purchasing a pass, check with your club to see if it is a participating club in WWS. If so, you should not buy a Season Pass.
If you want an individual Season Pass, click here to enter the registration system. Once the WWS season begins, we send you coupon codes so it doesn't cost anything to register for individual events (note: even with a Season Pass, you must register for the events you plan to attend).
Discounted group rates are available for clubs. Contact Tom Houck to discuss.