COMPREHENSIVE INTENSIVE EXPERIENCE
July 13-17, 2020
"A GrEAT CAMP FOR TEAMS TO ATTEND TOGETHER!"
TOP is proud to offer an affordable, 5-day intensive, holistic wrestling camp. This demanding camp for wrestlers who want to work hard features 10 crucial elements that are critical for success.
TOP's TEN ELEMENTS include:
1. Technique (excellent instruction to win at all levels)
2. Strength & Conditioning (indoor/outdoor exercises)
3. Goal Setting (wrestlers develop short and long term goals, along with action plans/measurement tools)
4. Film Study (analyze film with coaches and guest clinicians)
5. Personal Care (presentations and exercises on nutrition, sleep, and more)
6. Right Mind Training (guidance and exercises to develop a proper mental attitude and edge)
7. Drilling (a lot of this!)
8. Live Wrestling (as conditions permit this year)
9. Leadership (work on becoming leaders in their own practice rooms and in life)
10. Love of Sport (wrestlers will never reach their potential unless they love this sport!)
This camp is primarily for middle and high school athletes, although advanced upper elementary wrestlers will be accepted on a case by case basis (must have at least two years of experience and be hard workers). There will be multiple sessions per day, but our Thursday night overnight session will be cancelled. However, there will still be an early morning workout on Friday. It will be very beneficial if wrestlers are in good shape when they come to this camp.
8:30-9:45 Strength and Conditioning
10:15-11:45 Wrestling session #1
12:00-1:15 Lunch and free time
1:15-3:15 Wrestling session #2
3:30-4:30 Classroom/Film sessions
4:30-5:30 Wrestling Session #3
(Schedule may vary on a daily basis)
Registration fees for this camp are $299. This includes 4-5 sessions per day on Monday thru Thursday, plus dinner and evening sessions on Thursday night (note: dinner and Thursday evening session is cancelled due to COVID-19). On Friday, we will conclude with a BBQ lunch in which families are invited to attend (weather permitting).
Discounts are available of teams with 8 or more registrants. These teams will also be assigned their own counselor coach for the week. If a team's coach wishes to be the coach/counselor for his/her own group, we can arrange this.
Former GMU head coach and current Chantilly HS coach Mark Weader returned as Camp Director. He was assisted by other local coaches, including Keith Sholders (head coach, Westfield HS), Paul Grinups (head coach Independence HS), Bryan Hazard (head coach, Robinson HS), Tom Houck (TOP), and Chad Obzud (Broad Run HS coach and former college coach). Camp counselors included Jay Aiello and Michael Battista of the University of Virginia.
2020 CAMP PHOTOS
2019 CAMP PHOTOS